Pages

Saturday 4 January 2014

Why Eat Chocolate?

Are You A Chocolate Lover?

Are you like me and love chocolate? I love anything chocolate, chocolate pudding, chocolate cake, chocolate bars, chocolate cookies, and oh my all time favorite chocolate ice-cream. The best tasting ice-cream I ever had was chocoholic Ice-cream. It had three different kinds of chocolate in it. Oh and how my mouth waters just thinking about it. I love chocolate. It takes a of imagination to come up with excuses why I should eat it. I can't tell you the guilt I felt when I did occasionally indulge in some of that mouth watering delicacy. Oh how I was tormented from thoughts of the extra inches the chocolate would cause to grow on my hips and waist. Can you imagine the big sigh of relieve I let out when I read an article about the health benefits of chocolate. No more guilty feelings! Just more reasons to eat chocolate.

Photo Credit: Photobucket

Thanks Montezuma For Introducing Chocolate.

Keep Calm, Eat Chocolate
Keep Calm, Eat...

According to Mark Stibich, Ph.D., in his article Health Benefits of Chocolate Chocolate has the same health benefits as dark vegetables. Yes chocolate comes from a plant. Which means it has flavonoids. Flavonoids are antioxidants that protect us from those pesky free radicals that cause aging and heart disease. Chocolate has eight times more antioxidants than strawberries. Flavonoids also help produce nitric oxide which are important for lowing your blood pressure. Here's some good news from Dr. Stibich. Eating one dark chocolate bar a day improves your your heart health. It can lower your LDL cholesterol,that's the bad stuff, by ten percent. Alright I'm sold. Where's the chocolate. Caution though a dark chocolate bar can have up to 400 calories so you need to balance out the calories by eliminating some other snack. After all chocolate maybe good for you but being over weight isn't.

Read About The Health Benefits Of Chocolate

Chocolate Contains Serotonin The Feeling Good Hormone.

Hershey's Kiss for You
Hershey's Kiss...

Buy This at Allposters.com

Merriam-Webster Dictionary Definition of CHOCOHOLIC: a person who craves or compulsively consumes chocolate

Take the Chocoholic Test

Eating Chocolate Can Lower Your LDL Cholesterol

Eating Chocolate Lowers Blood Pressure

Dark Chocolate Helps Lower Blood Sugar It Has A low Glycemic Index

Pouring Hot Chocolate into a Cup
Pouring Hot...
Armin Zogbaum
Buy This at Allposters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment